Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rollercoaster

I hate rollercoasters.  Actually, I am terrified of rollercoasters.  Just ask my sister.  She convinced me to go on Disneyland’s Thunder Mountain with her (Yes, I know, my kids tell me “it’s the slowest rollercoaster ever.”) I screamed the entire ride.  My sister laughed the entire ride, at me screaming.  (It was actually the least I could do for her since it was her birthday) So, this past week with Kevin was a rollercoaster ride.  Thank goodness not the loopty loop California Screamin’ type, just the Thunder Mountain type.  Wednesday morning, he was up . .Kevin walked the kids to school, spent a little time out in the garden. .and then he was down . .spent the rest of the day in bed.  Thursday, he just stayed down . .spent the entire day in bed.  But Friday he was up again . .a meeting at the hospital . .and then down for a nap . . but then up again for a family board game.  Saturday he stayed down . .so he could get up for Sam’s indoor soccer game . . and then the grand finale for the week. . Kevin worked last night at the hospital.  So you can see, it depends what time you ask me how Kevin is doing as to what answer you’re going to get.  Like I said, it’s a rollercoaster ride . . and it doesn’t matter if we’re going up or coming down . .I’m screaming the entire ride!  
Thanks, Mom, for keeping the kids and house functioning this week.  We’re all sad to see you go . .except for the few remaining snails in our garden.

3 comments:

  1. WHAT IS THIS?!?! You don't like roller coasters? I love the ride kind, but not the life kind. So bummed that it's been so up and down. We're praying for more UPs than DOWNs, but I have to say, on the ride roller coasters, BOTH are fun!
    Keep CLIMIBING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,
    Your writing is amazing!
    Even though we aren't in SC anymore, we are only a few exits up the freeway in SJC so please know that we are praying for you and watching your blog for updates and close enough to help if the 2000 Talegans who have already offered suddenly become unavailable! :)
    Seriously, if you are keeping a list of people who have offered to help, please ADD US TO IT!!!!
    Hugs to you....
    Kathryn Olsen
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby- I've been thinking of you guys and hoping this second round would be a little kinder than the first! You are always in our thoughts and prayers- hang in there, you are amazing! Please please let me know if you need anything!!

    ReplyDelete